Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Upcoming Doctor Visit

Well, this upcoming Monday Ty has a follow-up appointment with his urologist from Children's Mercy. They are going to do another ultra-sound on his bladder/kidney area. He has what's called "Bladder Reflux." Basically, when he goes to the bathroom and the urine leaves his bladder....some of the urine doesn't expel like it should and it goes back up into his bladder. This causes bladder infections (which is very uncommon for little boys). The long term effect is kidney damage. The doctor is hoping that Ty will have "grown out of it" by now....which is why we are having the test done again to see if it's gotten any better. Ty is scared to death of doctors.....so I am NOT looking forward to this visit.

Keep us in your prayers......cause Ty's mommy doesn't do well at the doctor's office either when Ty gets really upset. It totally stresses me out. But I am going to keep my thoughts on a family I know who's 5 month old just had heart surgery yesterday. Baby Slayton is doing really well post-surgery today. The strength this family has is remarkable. Please keep them in your prayers as well. What a fighter!!!

4 comments:

Hudson Gregory said...

I love your blog! I hope your little guy gets a good report. He is such a heartbreaker! Can't wait to view our pics.
Jenn and Hudson Herriman

Betsy Jane said...

Sorry to hear that! I love your work! And I hope we can schedule something really soon!

Andee said...

I'm sure the doctor's appt will go well. We'll be thinking of you all.

Anonymous said...

Honey I Love and i had no clue that you guy (TY) was still having problems and yes adriana and I will be saying our prays for your family.... again thanks again for yesterday!! your wonderful!!!!
Angie xoxoxoxo