Monday, June 8, 2009

And round three....

We ended up BACK at the ER. Bobby has been in so much pain (the pain medicine isn't doing anything for him at this point) and he is in complete misery still. I called the oral surgeon and he wanted Bobby to go to the ER right away to be seen. The reason is because he (the surgeon) wanted to rule out middle ear damage or a crack to the base of his skull. WHAT??!!! This couldn't get any worse...

So off to Liberty Hospital we went. The Readers Digest version of our hospital visit was that it was long, extremly painful on Bobby, boring for Ty, and frustrating for me. But, the best news we have gotten this week was that the CT scan showed no further damage (to ligaments, ear, bones, etc). He even said Bobby's brain looked good (which I really do question)!! LOL!

He was given a stronger pain medicine. He said this medicine just makes him more loopy but doesn't ease the pain much. Seems like the only thing that's working for a small timeframe is an ice pack. But again, that is only temporary relief.

So, just to keep you posted on his weight (and for me to journal it) he has lost 7 lbs. I have lost 8 lbs. I, however, am NOT complaining though!!!!!! I eat what Bobby eats....I feel too guilty eating in front of him. He has never asked me to not eat, in fact he wants me to eat.....but I just can't bring myself to do it yet. But no fears.....I AM getting nutrition - it's just liquid right now!

Please continue the prayers......we will need them in the coming weeks. I sure hope things turn around at our household soon. I know they will with time.....it just can't get here fast enough.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Brandi my heart goes out to you guys. It is so very hard when there isn't anything to do to help the pain but I know that Bobby is much better off having you as a nurse! Let me know if you need help with anything! I can grocery shop or whatever...run to Target/Walmart. Just give me a hollar! Olivia LOVES riding in shopping carts.

Mama's Ramblings said...

I am so sorry that you had to go back to the hospital. Next time just ask the nurse for some of the gloves for Ty to play with. Chase loves to try to put them over his head. :-)

I can't beleive that you are doing the same eating plan that he is on. I think that I need to go on a liquid diet with you guys. Have a spare room that I can move into to help out?!!? :-)

CALL IF YOU NEED ANYTHING!