Thursday, June 11, 2009

Quick update

We are 1 week and 1 day post surgery (not that I'm counting or anything). Things have gotten better in some areas and have stayed the same in others.

I am proud of his eating. He has really made an effort to eat as best as he can with the liquid diet. I have even tried some new recipies that he liked and at least I know he is getting some nutrition. He has lost 10 pounds and looks lean! I have lost 12 pounds and am anxious to lose more!! ;)

We have had some bad spells with pain. The surgeon had Bobby come back in to the office this past Monday and he took the wires off and replaced them with rubberbands. He felt that Bobby was in too much pain and the rubberbands should offer him some relief. Making that switch put Bobby in a lot of pain (just because of the slight movement of his jaw). So Monday was not good. We had another really bad spell yesterday morning about 6:30am. He was in so much pain I really though he was going to go into shock. I helped him through it and the rest of the day seemed to go pretty well (even ventured out to Target with him for awhile).

He is still on pain medicine and will be off of work for this week. We are hopeful that he will go back to light duty the following week and then only have 2 or 3 weeks on light duty.

Everyone has been so thoughtful.....we can't say thank you enough to everyone who has been so kind to us! Gotta run....sounds like another pain spell is setting in.....

**update 12:40pm......spoke with surgeon about an hour ago. He is so unsure why Bobby continues to have pain. Said it shouldn't be doing it this bad 1 week post surgery. We are heading to ENT Doctor at 3:00pm to see what he thinks is going on.

3 comments:

Mama's Ramblings said...

You crack me up about losing weight. I really do think that I need to come live with you guys for a little while so I can join you on the liquid diet, but I can't even imagine what it is like...

TARGET MAKES EVERYONE HAPPY & FEEL BETTER!! GOOD OUTING CHOICE!!

What did the ENT say?!!? I hope that they had some good news and not all bad. I am sure that Bobby is anxiously waiting to go back to work...we are talking about the KING of workaholics...

Hope that the painful spells are going away soon!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about this Brandy! Your hubby is so blessed to have such a supportive wife... I hope Bobby starts healing quickly for I'm sure once he does the pain will diminish quickly. I will be praying that the pain goes away...

Anonymous said...

Guess I better sign my name... :)
Nicole Anderson