Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Just one of those days!

Bobby played softball Sunday night and got hit in the face with a ball that took a bad hop. The long and short of it is that he ended up with a broken jaw in 2 places. He has his mouth wired shut and it will stay that way for at least 5 weeks. He will be on a 100% liquid diet during that time.

It was an emotional day...I totally wasn't expecting that news. I knew he was hurt, but didn't expect it to shake out this way.

In the end, I know he will be ok....just one of those roadbumps life gives us....

3 comments:

TONA said...

Im thinking about you guys. Im sure everything will be o.k. Keep your chin up. :):)
Love Ya Guys!!
Tona

Kari Rawley said...

OMG Brandi-that is craziness!! Please let us know if we can do anything for you guys over the next five weeks-Lord knows you've taken care of us plenty in the past during one of our many roadbumps! Hang in there!!
I'll happily bring Bobby a shake or slushie;)
Kari

Rebecca said...

OMG is right! Same goes for us Brandi. I'm off for the summer now. Please let me help if there is anything I can do! I can't even imagine. It's a crazy way to diet, but I'll bet its effective! Yikes. We'll be prayin for you!